Leak Reveals 'Score Royale' Mode In 'Fortnite'

HomePennsylvania Open Government ForumOpen Meetings HelpLeak Reveals 'Score Royale' Mode In 'Fortnite'

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Mmoak2018 3 months, 2 weeks ago. This post has been viewed 52 times

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Mmoak2018
    Participant

Well, there may be a new option that’s more up your street. A new leak shows a new limited time manner may be in the works called”Score Royale.” Do not worry, it’s not Team Deathmatch. Here is the description of the mode found in the documents:

“A brand new spin on earning Victory Royale, this manner rewards gamers that prefer to research and search for loot. Earn points by opening loot containers, using foraged items and eliminating other players. The first player to pass the high score threshold wins!”

A couple of items of note here: Presumably you may nevertheless be eliminated in this mode, it is only that the triumph condition isn’t always being the last man standing in case you’re an expert who apparently can open up a lot of chests and consume a lot of apples and jump rocks so as to pad your own score.I do wonder if this mode is about”exploration” it might….not possess a storm? That sounds kind of goofy up front, but when the objective is to get folks researching the map and looting instead of just surviving and getting kills, no storm, or at least a diminished storm, could be conducive to that.

Since you just need to pass a top score, forcing individuals into a small circle to fight doesn’t seem all that crucial. Epic is really forcing these foraged items challenging these days between introducing apples, mushrooms and hop rocks this season, and making it a challenge this week. I expect more to come Fortnite Items, given how much they are focusing on these.

This sounds like a neat concept, at least something different than the typical survival-based modes that simply change team size (50v50, 20v20) or pace (Blitz) or have wacky hooks (Thanos). I will say that if that operates like a standard game just you get points for chests and consumables, I am guessing that the usual players who normally win matches are also winning those, most of the time. It is likely that if you have every chest place memorized on the map, for example, you’re likely not a half bad player to start with. Even though to be the very first person to cross the high score threshold ought to be a fascinating sort of challenge as individuals invent speed/efficiency runs so as to rack up the Maximum point totals possible.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.