Here is how we handle information about your visit to our website:
Some information collected and stored automatically
If you do nothing during your visit but browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information does not identify you personally.
We automatically collect and store only the following information about your visit:
- The domain and IP address from which you access our website
- The type of browser and operating system used to access our site
- The date and time you access our site
- The pages you visit
- If you linked to the PaFOIC website from another website, the address of that website
We use this information to help us make our site more useful to visitors — to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the platforms they are using. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If you send us personal information
If you choose to provide us with personal information by sending an e-mail to us, or by registering to use our Pennsylvania Open Government Forum, or by posting information on the Pennsylvania Open Government Forum, we use that information only to respond to your message and to help us provide you with information that you request.
We may also use your e-mail address to send you news about open government issues and the Pennsylvania Freedom of Information Coalition.
You may opt out of receiving future emails at any time by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may disclose personal information if we are required to do so by law or we in good faith believe that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with the law or with legal process;
- Protect and defend our rights and property
- Protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our website; or
- Protect the personal safety or property of our users or the public (among other things, this means that if you provide false information or attempt to pose as someone else, information about you may be disclosed as part of any investigation into your actions)
The Pennsylvania Freedom of Information Coalition does not collect personal information for any other purposes. The information you provide is not given to any private organizations or private persons. The Pennsylvania Freedom of Information Coalition does not collect or use information for commercial marketing.
Links to other sites